Sunday, January 27, 2008


In Loving Memory of Grace Fulton Murray

  


One year ago today, God took my Mom to Heaven. It has been one of the most difficut years of my whole life. She lived with me for the last 6 months of her life and I would not take any amount of money for that time with her. I so miss her being here. I miss coming in from work and spending time with her. I miss threatening to cut off her oxygen when she got on my nerves! I miss the banter between us. I miss the really wonderful talks we had.

I can't say for sure, but I think that as the first anniversary of your loss approaches, you begin to go back through the events that led to it. It has been that way for me. And that brings back the pain, except now it's greater because there was so much to take care of afterwards that I wasn't able to really pay attention to it at that time. So, it has been a rough couple of days. But, I remember all the fun/funny times, too.

My mother was a hoot! She had a great sense of humor and she was very smart. I wish I had time to tell some of the funny stories, but one stands out...when she was in the hospital after her stroke, the nurse came in and said, "Ms. Grace, I'm going to take your blood pressure." Mom said, in her slurred speech, "where are you gonna take it? Caught the nurse completely off-guard, who then burst out laughing. It was great!

I cannot tell you how much I miss her. My heart aches right now from the hole that was left by her passing. But, even if I could, I would not call her back from Heaven. That would be so incredibly selfish of me.....no, I look forward to the day that the Lord reunites us in Heaven....the place where we'll never be separated again.

I wonder things like how much time has passed since she got to Heaven. Time ceases to be in Heaven, but still I wonder, is it still like she just got there? Has she seen my dad yet? What was the reunion like with her Mom who passed away in 1968? Has anyone even seen her yet?? She DID get a new body, after all! Getting rid of that arthritis and congestive heart failure - did she hit the gate running and no one's seen her since? These are questions I can't wait to ask her!

I love you Mom.....see you soon.

No comments: